Acting Out! Youth Company
Acting Out is an educational opportunity for local children from ages eight to seventeen to experience and learn the theatrical arts in a safe environment. We offer a summer program and an after-school program.
Acting Out teaches respect, teamwork, and self-expression through theatre games and production rehearsal. Together the students must complete specific curriculum items and work toward producing a performance at the conclusion of each Quarter. We offer four six week Quarters throughout the school year beginning in the Fall. Please call or e-mail the Box Office to find out how you can get your kids involved in this exciting educational program!
Acting Out Youth Camp- Summer Musical Newsies Jr!
Disney's NEWSIES JR!
Book by Harvey Fierstein and Music by Alan Menken and Jack Feldman
Director - Amy Baker Stout
Assistant Director - Amanda Marzo
Choreographer - Abby Seward
Acting Out Youth Camp is open to kids ages 8-17 and will be a great way to introduce your child to all areas involved in performing and participating in a full production. *All students who register will be cast in the production
Auditions will be the first day of class - June 20 and then Rehearsals will be Monday through Thursday from 9 AM to 3 PM at the Normal Hill Campus (Old LHS Auditorium)
Rehearsal Dates - June 20 - July 15
Performances are July 15, 16,17 & July 22, 23, 24
Cost per student : $200
About the Show: Based on the 1992 Disney film, Newsies. When powerful newspaper publishers raise prices at the newsboys' expense, the charismatic Jack Kelly rallies newsies from across the city to strike against the unfair conditions. Together, the newsies learn that they are stronger united and create a movement to fight for what's right.
Seeking Roles for:
- Jack Kelly - The charismatic leader of the Manhattan newsies
- Katherine Plumber - An ambitious young reporter, working hard to make a name for herself in a time when women aren't taken seriously. Should be a strong singer for her showstopping number "Watch What Happens"
- Crutchie - Jack's best friend with a "bum leg" who has a sweet sense of humor and optimistic resilience.
- Davey - Les's straight- laced big brother who starts selling newspapers to help his family earn a living.
- Les - Davey's cheeky younger sibling, one of the younger newsies who is a pint-sized charmer.
- Medda Larkin - A big voiced singer and star of the Bowery, a proud supporter of the newsies, she offers her theater as a safe haven for their revolution.
- Joseph Pulitzer - A pompous businessman through and through, owns the World and is concerned solely with the bottom line, He is Katherine's no-nonsense father.
- Wiesel - aka weasel - a disgruntled paper pusher who uses the Delancey brothers as his muscle and runs distribution for the World and has little patience or sympathy for the newsies.
- Newsies, working children, police officers and other ensemble characters.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions about the program or by calling 208.746.3401.
We will share audition materials at the Box Office (832 Main St) closer to June.
We have a limited amount of scholarships available for partial cost of tuition or for full tuition - please contact us for an application to see if you qualify.
Registration ends on June 17, 2022 and there will be no refunds after June 19, 2022.